POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : New user please help!!! : New user please help!!! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:09:55 EDT (-0400)
  New user please help!!!
From: James D  Schwebel Jr
Date: 27 Oct 1998 22:33:11
Message: <3636907A.D99D08B1@desupernet.net>
Mr.Buck:
I am a 60 year old who has always wonted to draw . Now that I am retired
and have time I thought I might try my hand at this POV-RAY stuff. I am
having one heck of a time trying to get the thing started. I keep
getting an error about INI/DEF files I can't even render one of the
files that came with the download.

Would you please take the time to send me how I can get started. I have
printed out
the tutorial I have printed Understanding POV-RAY options. I printed out
the Render
Menu and about 500 pages

I have opened a file and put a program into POV'S text page with the
commands from the tutorial and saved them to a disk with a .POV
extension and then an .INI extension.
Then I tryed to render the picture and I keep getting an error prompted.

What am I doing wroung please point me in the right direction.

Thank you for taking the time to help

            Very Truly Your's
 James D. Schwebel, Jr
uni### [at] desupernetnet